Here you’ll find a summary of my research and teaching, as well as some thoughts on research and the world of academia. If you’d like to get in touch through social media, my LinkedIn and Twitter are below. Otherwise, feel free to send me an email.
- Systems Engineering for Waste ManagementSystems Engineering, the journal of The International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) has published my most recent paper, entitled “A systems-engineering approach to nation-scale problems: Municipal solid waste management in Saudi Arabia“. Paper Overview (TL;DR) We […]
- New Mechatronics PhD PositionsI have a host of new mechatronics PhD positions available here at Loughborough! Here are some of the key ones. Have a look at some of my previous research if you’re interested in joining my team. […]
- Using Intermittent Electrification to Reduce Rail EmissionsThe journal of Railway Engineering Science has published my most recent paper, entitled An investigation into intermittent electrification strategies and an analysis of resulting CO2 emissions using a high-fidelity train model. The paper is open access and […]
- Digital Displacement for Hybrid TrucksThe Proceedings of the IMechE, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering has published a new article of mine, entitled Modelling and Experimental Validation of the Performance of a Digital Displacement® Hydraulic Hybrid Truck. I did this work in partnership […]
- High-Fidelity Bi-Mode Rail Vehicle ModelThe Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit has published a new article of mine, entitled Development and control of a rail vehicle model to reduce energy consumption and carbon dioxide […]