If you would like to do a PhD with me, please look through my research interests on my UNSW staff page and get in touch with a suggested area for research.
- Fault Detection in a Mechatronic SwitchOur latest work on fault detection in a mechatronic switch has been published in the Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit. The title of the paper is … Read more
- Torque Ripple Control Algorithms for PMSMsActuators, an MDPI journal, has published our latest research into torque ripple control algorithms for permanent-magnet synchronous machines (PMSMs). It is entitled “Comparing Different Resonant Control Approaches for Torque Ripple Minimisation in Electric Machines” and is … Read more
- Systems Engineering for Waste ManagementSystems Engineering, the journal of The International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) has published my most recent paper, entitled “A systems-engineering approach to nation-scale problems: Municipal solid waste management in Saudi Arabia“. Paper Overview (TL;DR) We … Read more
- New Mechatronics PhD PositionsI have a host of new mechatronics PhD positions available here at Loughborough! Here are some of the key ones. Have a look at some of my previous research if you’re interested in joining my team. … Read more
- Using Intermittent Electrification to Reduce Rail EmissionsThe journal of Railway Engineering Science has published my most recent paper, entitled An investigation into intermittent electrification strategies and an analysis of resulting CO2 emissions using a high-fidelity train model. The paper is open access and … Read more